2020 New Stage No Gap
New Year Greetings
My dear fellow colleagues at USI, warm greetings to you all! With the beginning of the New Year, I hereby greet each and every one of you with the blessings. Looking back at the journey we walked through together in 2019, it has been a proud year. USI braved the wind and the waves during the year, making great achievements by riding the wind of trend of electronic industry development and breaking through the waves of international trade friction.
2020 New Stage No Gap
In 2019, the chaotic political and economic situation in the world and the China-US trade frictions affected the industrial development severely. In such a difficult time, USI's performance throughout the year still slightly improved. I would like to thank all of you for your cooperation and dedication.
- FEATURE CLOSE-UP Taiwan Site‧Tsaotuen Corporate Occupational Health Nurses: Positive Thinking and Self Improvement Most USI members' impressions of the corporate occupational health nurses may still be like nurses in the health center at school. In fact, their work is more extensive. In addition to the general treatment of work-related injuries, they must also take care of the physical and mental health of employees and assist USI to provide them with a friendly and healthy working environment. USI Newsletter will next interview the medical staff at different sites to get everyone to know more about their responsibilities and importance, and how they find their sense of accomplishment from work when facing different challenges.
- LOHAS FOREVER Check the Workplace Stress Enjoy Your Work In the busy and changing society, it is hard to avoid the stress in life, and even harder to avoid the generation of stress in the workplace. Researches suggest that there are simultaneously positive and negative influences of stress: workplace related stress can be viewed as the process of adaptation of workers triggered by the workplace. While the proper pressure motivates us and elevate our work efficiency, when the pressure generated in workplace exceeds the level a person can bear (such as working overtime or long night shifts) and becomes impossible for workers to readjust or adapt, negative effects occur on mental, physical, behavioral and cognitive levels. It affects the emotional stability of workers, or worse, it causes poor interpersonal interaction, affects work schedule or teamwork, and further becomes an important factor in reducing work productivity and service quality. It has a significant negative impact on both labor and management. Therefore, the "workplace stress" issue is getting more and more national and social attention.
- FINANCE & LAW Mainland China – Highlights of Individual Income Tax Reform and Taxation Planning Since January 1st, 2019, the newly circular "Individual Income Tax Law of the People's Republic of China" and "Regulations for Implementation of the Individual Income Tax Law of the People's Republic of China" came into force. The revised income tax classification for the new individual income tax has been changed from classification taxation to the management mode that combines classification with comprehensiveness. The tax threshold is increased, income tax brackets of low and medium rates are expanded, and six special additional deductions are added. At the same time, in accordance with Caishui  No. 164 - Notice of the Ministry of Finance and the State Administration of Taxation on Issues Concerning the Connection of Preferential Policies after the Individual Income Tax Law Is Amended, prior to December 31st, 2021, for the annual one-off bonuses obtained by a resident individual, it can be taxed separately on the amount after divided by 12 months, or it can be included in the current comprehensive income. Therefore, the new individual income tax reform is beneficial for having more flexible individual income tax planning for wages and salaries. Under the premise of compliance with laws and regulations, from the perspective of improving employees' personal interests, the taxation is to reduce the tax burden of individual income tax and increase employees' income.
- INTELLIGENCE EXPRESS Introduction of ISO 16750 Road Vehicles – Environmental Conditions and Electrical Testing for Electrical and Electronic Equipment With the increasing progress of electronic technology, various advanced technologies have been introduced in automotive electronics; as shown in Figure 1 below. As the technology grows, more complicate challenges from different aspects occur, and threaten to user's trust in product reliability and safety. In 2003, International Organization for Standardization issued an experimental standard document for vehicle electronics and electrical - ISO 16750 which provides a complete set of environmental conditions, test conditions and experimental requirements for global automotive industry.
- USI NEWS USI NEWS USI Intends to Acquire Asteelflash, Europe's Second-Largest EMS Company, to Accelerate Its Global Expansion
- LIVING‧EATING‧TRAVELING It was a little cold in the morning. I was standing outside the gate of USI(KS), waiting for the taxi to the airport. Some images suddenly occurred in my head.
- OFFICE CHAT ROOM In the past, the performance evaluation focuses on requiring the employees to take responsibility for what they did throughout the year, but it could cause them to lose the chance of improving current or future performance. Therefore, the changes of performance management expect supervisors and employees to regularly have conversations on personal development. In other words, the focus of performance management is shifting from accountability to learning.
- PHOTO GALLERY The evening sunlight obliquely hits Vienna and the streets facing away from the sun are dark and cold, but they are more like to set off Hofburg immersed in the setting sun.
- CSR ACTIVITY This is the 18th year of USI sponsoring the Nantou Tsaotuen Straw and Craft Festival - the Performance of Ming Hwa Yuan Arts & Cultural Group. Aligned with the theme of "Visit the Market and See the Play with USI" with the cooperation of Good York & Friends' Studio, the Ruru Stroll Market is held in Tsaotuen Zhongshan Park to bring new dynamics to Tsaotuen, the town that gathers talents around.
- 2019 YEAR END PARTY The 2019 Year End Party of Taiwan Site was grandly held in the parking lot on January 16th, which not only did the staff perform but also invited the idol singer Linda Chien (Butterfly), the singer Dooley and ARS MUSIC to have fun with USI(TW) members. Employees are enthusiastically participating in the lucky draw for the early bird and capsule toy game, hoping that good luck will continue in the coming New Year.
- USI NEWSLETTER 20th ANNIVERSARY Before the spring of 2020, we received the sweet photos of USI members from sites and ardent blessings to USI Newsletter. Each expectation turned into upward momentum for the editors. Let us hold these expectations together and make a future!