Enhance Innovation and Boost Upgrading
Enhance Innovation and Boost Upgrading
Since 2018, USI has carried out a series of expansion and extended the global footprint, achieving certain outcomes which include acquiring the second largest EMS company in Europe. After the acquisition, USI will have 27 production bases in 10 countries. In terms of technology, we also enhance our capabilities in all aspects through joint ventures at the same time.
PRESIDENT & COO INTERVIEW
The Surpassing 3rd Decade in the 21st Century
2020 is coming to an end, during this busy time of the year, on one side, it is our manufacturing peak, in which we are committing to satisfy our customers' demands; on the other side, we must make time to conduct the mid and long-term strategic planning and the budgeting for the coming year. Strategic planning is about judgments, choices, decisions and preparations for the sustainable development of the enterprises.
- FEATURE CLOSE-UP Mexico Site Dr. Carolina Duarte: Leverage Team's Strengths and Create Self Value Following a series of interviews with medical staff of sites of USI in 2020, we expect that everyone has a better understanding of their duties now. This time we interviewed Dr. Carolina Duarte from the medical service center of Mexico Site. She and her team supported USI, dedicated their efforts to minimize the impact of the pandemic on Mexico Site and guarded the health of employees.
- LOHAS FOREVER Influenza Vaccine Q&A Entering the season of raging influenza, are you ready to fight against this invisible enemy? There is an old saying "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." We must have a basic understanding of our enemies before defeating them.
- FINANCE & LAW Knowledge About Buying a House There are three things in life that depend on luck and timing: finding a job, finding a partner and finding a house. The house may be the most expensive thing you have ever bought in your life, so you need to stop and listen before buying a house in order to buy the ideal house in your mind.
- ENGLISH CLASSROOM Colloquial Phrases You Should Stop Using Have you ever communicated with a foreigner when they suddenly seemed puzzled by your English phrases which are commonly used locally? And no matter how many times you repeat the phrases, they still don't seem to understand until you explain it in plain English?
- INTELLIGENCE EXPRESS Introduction and Application Analysis of Ultra-wideband Communications Technology Ultra-wideband (UWB) is a shortrange wireless transmission technology. In the early 1990s, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) developed it into military applications. In 2002, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) officially approved the use of UWB in civilian communication products. The definition of UWB is the communication system which can offer greater than 500MHz Bandwidth at -10dB or Fractional Bandwidth (absolute bandwidth/center frequency) is greater than 20%.
- USI NEWS USI NEWS USI and Merry Form Joint Venture Targeting Audio Module Market
- PARTNER FOCUS The interviewee in this issue of "Partner Focus" is Gilles Benhamou. Mr. Benhamou is the founder and CEO of Asteelflash, a recently wholly-owned subsidiary of USI. He established Asteel in France in 1999 and to become Asteelflash Group in 2008 after acquiring Flash Electronics. The following is his interview.
- CULTURE CLASH Many people may find it hard to imagine that a party full of colors, food, drinks and joyful motifs represents a celebration that is related to death, but that is what happens in many Latin American countries every year to commemorate "Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos)". With the heritage of the indigenous culture, in Mexico we celebrate this day and take the opportunity to get close to our deceased loved ones. At the same time, we also praise the wonderful life.
- CROSS-STRAIT LITERARY AND ART M Art Center is honored to hold the solo exhibition Rule the Scale for the first time by the young artist Qing Lin. Rule the Scale is a series of Qing Lin's concentrated display of creations since 2010. The intertextuality of these works reflects Lin's performance and scale of the past decade.
- OFFICE CHAT ROOM When VUCA, Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity, has become the norm for the world, quickly responding and adopting the changes turn to be the new normal for the enterprises. To survive in this new game, building an "agile organization" has become the new goal of the enterprises. And one of the critical factors to build an "agile organization" is to have highly engaged employees who can proactively go extra mile, quickly collaborate and effectively create values to the companies.
- PHOTO GALLERY I stared the dark blue night sky at 5 a.m. As time passed by, the orange-yellow clouds appeared gradually in the sky. This is the surprise when I stayed at the altitude of 3,952 meters.