Work from Home Be Self-Disciplined
Abandon Discrimination Advocate a Respectful and Compassionate Working Atmosphere
In the past six months, we have experienced the outbreak of COVID-19. In these days, every colleague has made a lot of efforts to resume the factory and stable the business of USI. I am grateful for your allegiance and standing up for USI.
PRESIDENT & COO INTERVIEW
Work from Home Be Self-Disciplined
The coronavirus broke out at the end of 2019 has become a global pandemic, disrupting the world on all aspects, including economy, society, social activities, daily routines, and more. USI set up an emergency response war room meeting immediately after hearing the news even though it was during the Lunar New Year holidays. Through daily teleconferences, we have initiated and implemented a series of preventive actions based on these three principles...
- FEATURE CLOSE-UP Taiwan Site‧Nankang Corporate Occupational Health Nurses: Learn by Doing to Continue Growing As the frontline personnel to protect the health of USI members, the importance of occupational health nurses is self-evident. Newsletter interviewed the Nankang corporate occupational health nurses at Taiwan Site to give everyone a deeper understanding of them.
- LOHAS FOREVER Businesses Comprehensively Fight Against COVID-19 Coronavirus pneumonia, also known as the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19), is a respiratory disease. Patients are mainly infected with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The disease will occur in different patients with different degrees of reaction range from mild to severe and even deaths. The patients' typical symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath, but some cases have no respiratory symptoms or even any obvious symptoms. The method of virus transmission is mainly human-to-human transmission and known as droplets and contagious infections. The time of the appearance of symptoms is usually from 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. However, it may be longer, which also causes uncertainty of this virus. Besides, the world was too negligent in the beginning because of the incomplete information and led to the outbreak of the pandemic COVID-19 following H1N1 in 2009.
- FINANCE & LAW The Tormenting But Interesting Business Contract Negotiation There are many situations simulation exercises in the courses of the College of Law. One of the exercises of contract negotiation is very simple. Three people form a team, and the opponent is also a team of three. The two teams can negotiate their grades by themselves with a deadline of one hour. The combination of grades can be A vs. C or B vs. B. The both sides will be graded as D if no agreement reaches within the deadline. I thought the exercise was ridiculous, but I didn't expect it is to be real! B vs. B will become a universal agreement under such circumstances. To my surprise, some teams have reached an agreement with A vs. C. Why would anyone accept C? The reality is that when the opponent can accept D, and you cannot, you will lower the bottom line from B to C.
- ENGLISH CLASSROOM Learning English with News One of the ways of learning English is reading English News. English News is breif, close to our life and suitable for everyone. Please read the news and do the three exercises. The topic of the news is "Coronavirus Puts 50 Million Tourism Jobs at Risk". Let's see what the epidemic impacted on the global tourism industry.
- INTELLIGENCE EXPRESS Introduction of Payment Terminal Certification Nowadays, most people have the experience of paying with credit cards and may notice there is a machine to insert or tap their credit cards. The machine is called payment terminal. The payment terminal must be able to access the credit cards correctly and securely, and that is ensured by two certifications: the EMV certification and the PCI-PTS certification.
- USI NEWS USI NEWS USI Intends to Acquire Europe's Second Largest EMS Company to Exercise Modularization, Diversification and Globalization and Establish the Foundation for the Company's development in the next 20 years.
- PARTNER FOCUS An excellent partner is a strong backing for USI in expanding its global footprint. The first chapter of "Partner Focus" will take you to focus on USI's affiliate and partner, Memtech International Ltd., and the man of the hour, Chairman Wen Fu Chuang.
- CULTURE CLASH Even though Mexico is far from Asia, both the areas definitely have something great to share with each other when speaking of food. Today we are going to talk about the Mexican tortilla cuisine, burrito and taco.
- LIVING‧EATING‧TRAVELING Since the emergence of the epidemic, people have continued to live in fear of the unknown. The public has been asked to practice social distancing. The easiest way is to get away from the crowded places and enjoy the natural scenery. The Sun Moon Lake, for instance, is one of the most beautiful natural spots in Nantou; it offers not only a place to be away from the hubbub, but also an exceptionally tranquil landscape.
- LIVING‧EATING‧TRAVELING Kyoto is an ancient capital with a long history and beautiful scenery. Whenever the cherry blossom season comes, there are always endless streams of tourists who expect to enjoy cherry blossoms. There are so many spots that you can appreciate cherry blossoms in Kyoto. Not only are they popular with Japanese, but foreign tourists are also increasing every year. Last year, when the cherry blossoms in Kyoto were full at the end of March, I arranged a cherry blossom tour.
- CROSS-STRAIT LITERARY AND ART "Selah" is Hebrew and appears 70 times in the recitation of the Psalm. It carries the meaning of segmentation, transposition, acoustic intensity, interlude, and extension; as intended for the theme of the exhibition. "Higgaion" also conveys the idea of meditation and silence. It appears in the performance of Psalms, which represents "rest". It takes a few breaks to sing to the "Higgaion" and in the mean time, the audience is silent and breathless; which is the deeper intention of this exhibition. In some of the works that emphasized the reproduction of past exhibitions, the intention was to reflect, pause for a moment, and slow down for the future. Henri Nouwen, the greatest priest of the 20th century, said, "Somewhere we know that without silence words lost their meaning, that without listening speaking no longer heals, that without distance closeness cannot cure."
- OFFICE CHAT ROOM Every country has different laws, customs, religious culture and diets. When travelling overseas, many people only focus on collecting the information on tourist attractions. However, they often ignore the basic information of the tourist destination, resulting in exposing their health and personal safety in the risks. For example, if a tourist who is used to driving on the left comes to right-driving countries, and he still follows the domestic habits, e.g. checking the car on the left side first, he would collide with the car on the right side, which may cause accidents. The following is the things you need to pay attention to before departure, during the trip and when an accident occurs.
- PHOTO GALLERY A 200-kilometer asphalt road starts from Burqin County, Xinjiang to Baihaba Village via Kanas Lake. This village locates in the deep canyon of the Altai Mountains, surrounded by dense forests. It is just a ditch apart away from Kazakhstan and is called "The First Village in the Northwest."