Optimizing Limited Resources to Achieve Maximum Efficiency
PRESIDENT & COO INTERVIEW
- FEATURE CLOSE-UP Mason Lin: Life Is a Blank Musical Sheet and Go Compose a Wonderful Melody for Your Life For Mason, life is a blank musical sheet where you can choose to draw any notes, movements, or melodies. After completing his master's degree at Texas A&M University in the US, he joined ASE Group in 1994, working in Group Central R&D, and rotating through various departments of ASE Kaohsiung and Shanghai Sites, including Process Engineering, QA and Ops Management and as the GM of ASE Shanghai Site. In June 2022, Mason joined USI as Senior Vice President, leading continuous growth of the Advanced Mobile & Miniaturization Solutions Business Group (AMMS BG). In 2024, he will celebrate his 30th years of service with ASE Technology Holdings, composing an exciting and wonderful melody for his career!
- LOHAS FOREVER Preventing Heat-related Injuries from Blazing Sun According to the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), the period from 2023 to 2027 is projected to be the "hottest five years" on record. With soaring temperatures, it's getting unbearably hot! What are the symptoms of heat-related injuries? Who is more susceptible to heat-related injuries? And how can we prevent them?
- FINANCE & LAW Supporting Cost Reduction and Efficiency Improvement from a Financial Perspective Over the past three years, the persistent impact of the pandemic has undoubtedly resulted in inevitable losses for most businesses, hindering further development. To find breakthrough points to maintain business vitality, an increasing number of companies have shifted their focus inwards, expecting to achieve cost reduction, quality improvement, and efficiency enhancement through the promotion of refined management. To sustain long-term competitiveness, companies need to lower operating costs, reduce unnecessary expenses, and implement scientifically sound cost control strategies. Simultaneously, by conducting indepth analysis of various financial management metrics, companies can identify weak points in their operations, propose optimization measures, and fill the gaps. Strengthening cost management allows for obtaining equivalent or higher returns with lower expenditure, thus overall enhancing corporate performance.
- ENGLISH CLASSROOM Useful Phrases for Presentation in English For non-native speakers, giving a presentation in English can be challenging. However, with proper preparation and clear and concise sentence structures, it is still possible to effortlessly guide the audience to think through your logic in English.
- INTELLIGENCE EXPRESS The Introduction of I3C Episode 2 In the previous issue, we introduced some advantages and the basic framework structure of I3C. Now, let's take a look at some features of I3C. In practical design and development, these characteristics of I3C can provide us with more design ideas and insights.
- USI NEWS USI News USI Empowers Smart Cockpit System Innovation with Excellent Modular Design Capability
- ASTEELFLASH UNIVERSE On 21 July, we had the pleasure to meet and greet the Executive Vice Presidents of Asteelflash, Felix Timmermann and Nicolas Denis. They visited our Bedford site to deliver an update on the Asteelflash strategy and what direction the company is going towards. Felix and Nicolas focused on more than just the company, but on people. They not only encouraged and motivated us but also provided well-detailed information concerning the growth of the business. Thank you for keeping us updated and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
- PARTNER FOCUS Asteelflash Lorraine, situated in Vosges Department, Grand Est Region of France, boasts extensive experience in Smart Home, Smart Building devices, as well as Medical and Industrial electronics. As the General Manager of Lorraine Site, Mr. Florent Belvaux is highly affirmative of everything this location offers. In this issue, he will share his insights with us. Let's embark on a journey to uncover his experiences!
- LIVING‧EATING‧TRAVELING With gratitude and joy, my wife May and I retired from USI on June 30. We want to express our heartfelt thanks to everyone for their guidance and care throughout our 34 years of work and life at USI.
- OFFICE CHAT ROOM In the management forum of the second quarter of 2023, we invited Mr. Stan Shih, a renowned figure in the management field and the founder of Acer Group, to share his management principles accumulated over nearly 50 years. At the beginning of the forum, Mr. Shih humbly requested to be addressed as "Stan," aiming to bridge the gap between himself and the audience.
- ESG 360 Employee engagement, in essence, refers to how much of the "hearts" of employees a company can win over, inspiring them to fully commit to the organization's goals and vision both rationally and emotionally. It entails promoting behaviors where employees are enthusiastic to Say, Stay and Strive, thereby enhancing organizational performance and driving sustainable business growth. Employee engagement is not just an isolated event; it is an experiential approach that actively shapes employee behaviors and performance. Consequently, a further definition has been proposed: "Sustainable Employee Engagement."
- CSR ACTIVITY In 2023, USI participated in the Million Tree Planting Project for the 11th year. During this year, USI and employees donated 7,206 vibrant saplings. Through 11 years of dedication and effort, USI's Corporate Forest and Employee Forest have collectively planted 151,420 saplings, continuously contributing to environmental protection. After a gap of 4 years, this year, we finally embarked on the journey of environmental conservation as tree planting ambassadors, traveling to Inner Mongolia to plant seeds of hope.